Is your home in need of a makeover?
TIna4homedesign is not just about furniture but about how to use that furniture to create leisurely, airy, non-chaotic, casual or even extravagant interior designs for each room of your home. Our room by room design ideas will feature the bedroom, living room and kitchen. But, before you buy furniture to decorate that particular room, first understand the differences in furniture quality.
It will save you thousands of dollars and years of discomfort and headache.
Bedroom Design Ideas Brighten Your Days and Nights
While searching for bedroom design ideas, there are a host of resources to access. Entire TV shows are dedicated to bedroom makeovers, providing us with helpful tips and design trends. Your bedroom design ideas should reflect your style and personality, your unique sleeping and living needs. Most likely, once you makeover your bedroom, your living room or kitchen, you won’t re-do it again for several years. So take your time discovering what you like, and what you can live with, before you start buying furniture.
Popular Bedroom Design Ideas have Distinctive Characteristics
Traditional, contemporary and country furniture are the most popular types of furniture today. Together, they incorporate a host of universal design traditions. Traditional bedroom design ideas use yards of beautiful upholstery fabric draped on everything from the bed to the windows, and usually feature dark wood furniture of classic design. Contemporary bedroom makeovers focus on form, and often have a minimalist feel with punches of bright color.
Country furniture often uses beautiful plaid upholstery fabrics for emphasis and furniture that’s sturdy and somewhat chunky in design.
In addition to TV, there are thousands of magazines and books that provide furniture design ideas for bedroom makeovers. Start at your local library, where you can check out decorating books, DVDs and sometimes magazines for free, to start gathering some new ideas.
Visit designer furniture showrooms to see how they arrange their bedroom displays. Put all of your ideas for bedroom makeovers into a journal, taking photos or clipping articles of designs that you love. Give yourself time to make a decision. You’ll live with your redesigned bedroom for a long time, and it should be a harmonious, comfortable and beautiful place to be.
Some popular bedroom design ideas to consider:
- Bold yet Subtle: Blue bedrooms with blue shades on the wall and tan furniture complements create a bold yet serene sleeping space.
- Calm havens: tone on tone color schemes with matching furniture.
- Combining the masculine with the feminine: one light blue wall and one cream colored wall with traditionally dark furniture. Use lamps and lampshades to emphasize both masculine and feminine angles.
- The Traditional Master Bedroom: eliminate colors that signify chaos and choose colors emphasizing calm, serenity and reconnection. Try cream, fawn, tan and wheat on bed duvet, walls and carpet – all neutral colors that are inviting. Incorporate subtle floral patterned fabrics on the drapes and upholstery. Divide a large bedroom into two areas: one the bedroom, the other a sitting area.
- Zen thinking: Incorporate taupe and robin’s egg blue on the walls and bedroom furniture to create a soft, high frequency energy. Hanging curtains as a sort of canopy is a smart way to absorb outside noise.
A Note about the Best Bed Mattresses
The best bed mattresses come in a variety of styles, encasing you in comfort while you sleep. Plush top bed mattresses are soft, and provide an added layer of comfort to your sleeping experience. The best pillow top mattresses have even more softness due to the large pillow that rests on top of the mattress. It’s hard to say which mattress is the best, but a Tempur-Pedic® mattress is definitely the ultimate in luxurious comfort. The Tempur-Pedic mattresses adjust to your body weight and temperature, molding to your body’s natural contours for a really good night’s sleep.
It’s best for your sleeping “health,” and your back, to flip your mattress every few months or so to ensure that it wears evenly. And, use a mattress pad on top of your mattress to help protect it from stains and general wear.
You might be wondering why there’s so much fuss about goose down. Down featherbeds, which lie on top of the mattress but under the sheets, and down comforters and duvets used as bedspreads provide extra softness and warmth. They last for ages, and the newest versions have covers which can easily be removed and cleaned. They add an extra layer of comfort to even the best mattress, making them a highly desirable addition to any bedroom.